Sunday, August 12, 2018

What's the Apple of Your Eye?

“Keep my commandments and live; keep my teaching as the apple of your eye” Proverbs 7:2

Welcome to my new blog! I am excited to start this new adventure this school year! I am so blessed to have a wonderful group of fellow Christian teachers in my building. A small group of us used to meet each week for a short devotion and prayer time. That became difficult for several in our group due to some life-changing circumstances, and so we did not have our meetings last school year. But I missed them, and I am hoping to start up again this year.

And instead of digging through various devotional booklets each week to find something appropriate to share, I’m going to attempt to write my own devotions each week that are relative to teachers. I know for me, keeping in God’s Word regularly is crucial. I need God’s truth to guide me and comfort me and teach me. I need to keep God’s Word as the apple of my eye. (And I’m guessing I’m not the only one!) Writing my own devotions will certainly help me to keep Bible study a priority!

My plan is to write and post a new devotion here each week, starting the week of August 20. My hope is that you can use them in a small group meeting in your school building, but you can also use them on your own. If you like them, share them with other teachers! You can type your email address into the “Follow By Email” box (top right) if you want to automatically receive an email each week when I post a new devotion.

There is also a box below for comments. Comments are always welcome! In fact, I need them to help keep me going. It can get discouraging to keep posting when you’re not even sure if anyone is reading, so even a short, simple comment is valuable to me. So please, please, please, leave me some comments now and then! (Yes, I'm begging!)


Know that I will be praying for you each week as I write a new post. I would love it if you’d do the same for me, please. (Do I need to beg some more?)

I have also included a “Contact Me” gadget at the bottom of the page. If you have prayer requests or questions or suggestions that you don’t want to be posted publicly, you can use this tool to contact me privately. I will do my best to respond quickly.

So start contacting some of your teacher friends and set a time and place to meet together each week, sign up to follow by email, and pray that God will use this to strengthen us and encourage us and to glorify Him!  See you back here next week . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment